Label GMO Symposium
CMCM is looking forward to co-sponsoring the Label GMO Symposium on Wednesday, July 25th at the San Rafael Community Center! This event is part of the "Just Label it- We Have the Right to Know!" initiative on the 2012 California November ballot. The evening will feature:
- Maria Muldaur: renowned singer
- Jeffrey Smith: author, “Seeds of Deception"
- Pamm Larry: leader of California GMO Labeling Initiative
- Robin Carpenter (moderator): radio talk-show host
GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms) are plants or animals that have had DNA introduced from unrelated species creating new and aberrant proteins. They have been linked to the occurrence of allergies and other health problems. There will be interactive tables with local community groups and the opportunity to interact with the evening's speakers. Refreshments will be provided and the venue is wheelchair accessible.
- Wednesday, July 25th, 6:30 - 9:30 PM at the San Rafael Community Center
Sponsored by Good Earth Natural Foods, GMO-Free Marin and the Community Media Center of Marin View and share the facebook event here: http://www.facebook.com/events/333601186719672/permalink/333601193386338